No Products in the Cart
If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this Site or any services offered on it.
Personal information collected
• the domain name and IP address of the computer from which you accessed the internet;
• the date and time you accessed the website;
• the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our website;
• the pages you accessed while visiting the website; and
• through the use of websites, software and internet tracking devices such as cookies, anonymous identifiers and session variables, we may also collect your email address. Your internet service provider or the providers of your internet browser software may also collect such information for their own purposes. We are not responsible for the collection, storage and use of such information by these entities and refer you to their respective privacy policies. As a result of you dealing further with us, whether as a prospective customer, an actual customer, guarantor, contractor, supplier or service provider, we may collect and store personal information from you such as:
• your name;
• your employer or business name;
• your email address; and
• your telephone numbers.
Collection of personal information
We may collect personal information about you from your visit to our website through the use of technologies such as anonymous identifiers, session variable, and/or cookies. You may be able to set your internet web browser to block or limit cookies. Some features of our website may not work as efficiently or not at all if you have done so. As a result of you dealing further with us, we may collect personal information directly from you and this may be in person, over the telephone, by mail, over the internet or by email.
Security of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to secure your personal information from loss and unauthorised access, by:
• maintaining a secure environment for storage of information whether in hard copy or in electronic form;
• requiring that access to such information be confined to authorised personnel only;
• using technology such as encryption and password protection to secure any information kept in electronic form.
We are not responsible for the security of any computer or other device which you use to access our website.
Unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. So while we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security.
The purposes for which we collect, store, use and disclose personal information
If you are a user of our website, a prospective customer, a customer, a contractor or supplier of goods and services to us, a job applicant or other person from whom we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information we shall do so only for those purposes which are:
• permitted by Australian Privacy Law;
• necessary for:
o the administration of any contract of supply of goods or services to or by us;
o the provision of our products to our customers;
o otherwise for the administration and management of our business;
• better improve website useability;
• to provide our products and services to you;
• required by law;
• in order to investigate or assist with any investigation into any complaint about the conduct of our business, in particular, under Australian Privacy Law;
• to otherwise enforce any term of any contract or other right which arises out of our dealings with you.;
• to communicate with you, by way of direct marketing, information about our products and services. If you do not wish us to do so, you can “opt out” of such communication by informing us in person, by telephone, by facsimile, by post or by email;
• to search and/or register any Personal Property Securities;
• as part of a prospective sale, transfer or restructure of our business; or
• to otherwise communicate with you or the purposes outlined above. In addition, if you sign an advertising contract with us, we will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in order to:
• manage your contract;
• collect any debt or otherwise enforce any rights arising under your contract.
We may disclose your personal information to our partner organisations and other parties as part of a process of merger, acquisition, sale of our business or our other assets and, before doing so, will give you notice and an opportunity to opt out of the provision of such information in that instance. If, for any of the above purposes, we disclose your personal information to any supplier of services to our business or to any prospective purchaser of our business which we shall do so only if it is necessary for the purposes listed above, we shall:
• do so in accordance with Australian Privacy Law;
• obtain assurances from those suppliers that they comply with Australian Privacy Law.
Access to and correction of personal information
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act. Please Geek Group Pty Ltd’s contact information below.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
We also make no representation as to accuracy or completeness of the information contained in such third party websites.
Complaints about breach
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us on the email address below.
Phone: 13 GEEK (13 4335)
If Geek Group Pty Ltd takes more than 30 days to respond to your privacy complaint, or if you are dissatisfied with the outcome, you can make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. The OAIC can be contacted on 1300 363 992 or at www.oaic.gov.au
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications, please contact us at the details below.
For any questions or notice, please contact us at:
Geek Group Pty Ltd ABN: 67 631 524 288
Ph: 13 GEEK (13 4335)
• changes to the law;
• changes to technology;
• changes to our systems.
We will notify such changes on our website via www.geekshop.com.au. Where the changes may affect you in a particular way, and you have a contract with us, we will notify you if required by Australian Privacy Law